Saturday, July 9, 2011

The Lady In Korea Part Two

            After we finished our drinks we went decided to go to Bubble Bar.  Now you know how much I despise that place but I wanted TL to experience going to a dance bar where green lasers hit your eyes on your way down the stairs and after you recover your vision you then see K-Pop videos on the giant projector screen.  So we went straight to the dance floor and proceeded to burn it up!  After dancing for a good bit I went to use the restroom and came back to see TL being slowly surrounded by a group of Korean guys.   
            Now when I say surrounded I don’t mean like in Mad Max where the guys are swinging chains and riding motorcycles but more like some cowboys trying to figure out how to rope the wild stallion.  It was hilarious to see because TL doesn’t even see it happening since they were a couple of feet from her but I went over to her to start dancing again.  Right when I get there a Korean decides to make his move and tries to cut me off.  I laugh, grabbed his shoulder and pulled him away while pointing at TL and politely say, “My girlfriend.”
            Well I don’t know if this guy was Lt. Col. George Armstrong Custer reincarnated but he clearly was full of some serious hubris or liquid courage because he waited a full 60 seconds before he decided to try and flank me and get BETWEEN TL and I again.  I didn’t need Crazy Horse to back me up but I did put two fingers on his chest, the full hand push would just be excessive, and pushed him off of us and kept pushing him back to the bar.  At that point his boys realized that his drunk ass had went after the one foreigner girl who was off-limits and they quickly pulled him back so they could hold hands and hug or do whatever it is Korean guys do when they’re alone together.
Bubble Bar
The Lady.
Who's awesome? This guy! But where's your gold chain UM?
            After that we danced a bit and then headed home.  The next morning we got up and met Jonathan and his friend Rachel to go and hike Mudeung Mt.  We went to the base and started up the trail taking our time and enjoying the scenery as we made our way to the top.  After reaching the Pagoda we took in the incredible view, despite the haze, and relaxed.  Now remember Jonathan, TL and I are still dealing with all that soju from the night before and the three of us all looked like we jumped in a swimming pool but Rachel barely broke a sweat.  Damn you soju, damn you.  So we headed back down and went home to clean up.
Heading down to the subway so we can climb the Mt.

For a city of over a million people the subway is incredibly clean and cheap


The pool of water is from Jonathan, TL and I sweating. Not really but it felt like it.
Incredibly hazy and humid.

Different day but no haze, humidity or smog and the Pagoda we were at is on the first peak.


No comments: