Thursday, December 15, 2011

Homesick In Korea

            I haven’t written anything for the past two weeks because I haven’t wanted to.  I felt like a shadow was hanging on to me and I couldn’t figure out what it was.  After this past weekend I realized that I’ve been really homesick.  It is one thing to miss Thanksgiving but quite another to miss out on Christmas and its buildup.  I finally figured it out when I went to Starbucks just so it would feel like Christmas.
            Now that I know what I was feeling the shadow is no longer hanging on to me.  From now to New Year’s I’ve got a full plate of activities.  I’m going to Busan this weekend for our last rugby games and then trivia to start next week. 
            Following that, I’ve got a teacher’s dinner with my coworkers and then for Christmas Eve I’m going to a huge dinner at the First Alleyway restaurant.  I’m really looking forward to both dinners. On Christmas Day I’ll Skype my family, have another dinner and Christmas party.
            However let me show you what I’ve been up to the past couple of weeks.

Maggie and Graham enjoying her birthday dinner.

A Western style restaurant that was delicious.

Our first snowfall.

Mr. Song taking Jonathan and I out to lunch.

Haha.

Mr. Song took us to Soswae Garden, which is over 500 years old.

Koreans chill too.
This is the view they were looking at.  It started snowing just after we left and I know it would've been gorgeous to see.


Gina, Rachel and Ruby. William, like all cool kids, doesn't want to be in the photo.
            Lastly, I want to congratulate my cousin Rachael and her husband Nick on their first child, Owen. I'm looking forward to being an Uncle when I return home!

2 comments:

Leigh Margaret said...

I agree: Starbucks does make it feel like it's really Christmas!

abby - the geek girl said...

I can't wait to experience snow. I live in southern Texas. :)