Thursday, November 17, 2011

A Quick Update

        These past couple of weeks have been a lot of fun just hanging out in Gwangju.  I've been going to trivia, playing darts and cooking some dinners with the owner of German Bar.  Furthermore Josh, my coworker,  showed me a great website that teaches you Korean.  It's called Talk To Me In Korean and it's fantastic to use.  Here are some pics showing what I've been up to:

That's called, "The Robin Hood" shot.

Check out the beautiful fall colors.

No that's not a misprint, it's just a knockoff of The NorthFace.

This little guy watches me every morning I'm at the gym.  Later, I  watch him try and catch the pigeons on the ledge without falling off.

Ahhhhhh good beer for a decent price.

A delicious lunch at work.

I let the little kids write on me if they do their homework during the week.

This is our practice field in Seocheon.  The mountains surrounding it are gorgeous even if the field isn't.

No words.

Turns out Van Gogh is the spokesperson for Home Plus.

       Also,  I've been reading about the Penn State scandal and I'm shocked.  Being around my kids it really hit home how horrific the actions of Jerry Sandusky, and the inaction of those who knew about it, truly are.
       More to come after the weekend.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Logan! I wish Kelia had kept a blog while she was there. I feel like if anyone's going to blog about travel the right way, it's you! I'll have to take some time to dig into your archives, but I'm glad you seem to be having so much fun!

Logan Monday said...

Thanks Jackie, it's great to hear from you!

abby - the geek girl said...

The Van Gogh spokesman made my day. :)

My boyfriend and I (and our dog) just signed contracts to teach in Gwangju. Naturally I read your blog ... the entire blog ... to get a feel for the city. The fact that you like it so much makes me hopeful.

Logan Monday said...

Abby,

I read through your blog as well and after reading it, I'm confident that you will have no problem living in Gwangju. If you or your SM have any questions, just shoot me an email.