Wednesday, November 2, 2011

All Hallows' Eve

            Second only to Thanksgiving as my favorite holiday, Halloween is a night of mystery, fun and costumes.  It’s been a bit surreal for me lately because the leaves are changing, the weather is absolutely perfect but I haven't seen any Halloween decorations.  Also, there haven't been those huge sales for candy.  So to help get myself in the mood I had Halloween lessons for my kids and explained why it’s so important to Western culture, as our main harvest holiday and not just because of today’s modern partying.  Also, some of our most famous American stories are based on Halloween, the changing of the seasons and the coming winter.  These include Rip Van Winkle, Sleepy Hollow and any ghost story centered on that creepy house in your town.
            Moving on, it was great going out and seeing how much effort people put into their costumes and I had one of my favorite nights in Korea.
Mr. Potato Head and Bob Ross

Jammin it out at German Bar.

Adding some touch ups.
She wanted a picture with me because Bob Ross is used in a Korean commercial. Who knew?

Yup that's a Korean Colonel Sanders.

No comments: